Y'all.... it is a yucky day.... It is pouring rain outside and dark. The kind of dark where you still think it's 5:30am at 9:00am because the clouds are so thick outside....
This is sleep in and do nothing weather... BUT! I have a two year old :) So we are up and "atem"!
One really awesome thing that got me excited today was a nomination for the Liebster Award by the adorable Rebecca @ Sweet & Simple Life Blog. What an honor!
For those of you that don't know, the Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to promote other small, up and coming blogs to their readers. It's a very nice gesture and a great way to spread the blog love around the internet.
The way it works... I will list 11 facts about myself, then answer the questions posed by Rebecca. I will then come up with 11 new questions and nominate 11 other bloggers who I want to share in the blog love!
So, here goes!
Facts about me....
1. I'm a mom to a crazy-wonderful two, almost three year old boy.
2. I am about to give birth any minute to a baby girl that I can't wait to meet!
3. I went to private Christian school my entire life.
4. I am naturally a messy person... I hate cleaning.
5. My favorite food is anything with cilantro in it.
6. I secretly believe that I can communicate with animals.... no really...
7. Crafting runs in my family. My mom and grandmother are amazing.
8. My husband and I met at Christian camp when we were just teenagers.
9. The first thing I want to do when baby girl is born is see if she looks like me... Her brother looks just like my hubs.
10. I was a middle school teacher before I became a SAHM.
11. I have coached gymnastics, cheerleading, and softball, all of which I LOVED coaching.
O.K.... Onto Rebecca's questions!
1. How would you describe your blog using 5 words or less?
My goal is to inspire creativity (O.K. that's six words, so shoot me...)
2. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging about 3 years.
3. What is your personal style?
I am a little Banana Republic meets Old Navy with a splash of Ann Taylor thrown in there.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be, and why?
I would spend every vacation minute I have in the Caribbean, I don't care where... I LOVE to snorkel and lay out at the beach. It's my happy place.
5. Do you have a signature recipe, and if so, what is it? If not, what is the one recipe you want to try and make?
I do! I make the best BBQ chicken pizza out there....
6. What is your favorite season, and why?
Spring! I love watchig my yard become a colorful landscape!
7. Coke or Pepsi?
I'm from Georgia where coke was invented... so Coke.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up (or what do you want to be when you grow up)?
Well, I always wanted to be an artist or something like that... I guess I'm kind of doing that, just not getting paid to do it! HA....
9. If you could go back in time, what time period would you choose to explore?
I would love to explore the early 1900's in the united states, just before the Titanic sank... I don't want to deal with that kind of drama.
10. What one person (or people) have inspired you in life?
My mother, grandmother and great grandmother are all major inspiring factors in my life. They are/were all very creative and talented in diferent ways. Each one has contributed to a skill that I have and love using.
11. Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what is it?
I am double jointed in my thumbs and elbows.... It's not very useful, but it's kinda cool. I can also pick up almost anything with my toes. The comes in REALLY handy when you're pregnant!
Now for my 11 questions...
1. Do you have any pets? If so, what is your favorite things about them?
2. What is your favorite blogging topic?
3. How did you meet your significant other, if you don't have one... What would be yoru dream date?
4. What is the one TV show you can't miss every week?
5. If you were to take a trip to Disney, what is one thing you couldn't miss?
6. Cats or dogs... why?
7. What is your least favorite household chore?
8. Rollercoasters... yes or no way?
9. What is your interior decorating style?
10. What is your favorite physical feature and why?
11. What blog can you not go without reading?
Alright... Here are the bloggers that I am nominating for the Liebster Award. If you've been nominated before, I'm sorry, but it's still fun isn't it?? :)
1. Cait @ Home Sweet Ruby
2. Brittany @ Perpetually Day Dreaming
3. Scarlett @ Scarlett Rose Collection
4. Kiri @ Wonderfully Random
5. Marissa @ A Lovely Living
6. Sarah @ Year of Sarah
7. Aimee @ Aimlessly Elegant
8. Lindsey @ Everyday Originals
9. Sarah @ Someday Sarah
10. Katie @ The Babbling Brunette
11. Emily @ Small Stuff Counts
Go check out these other bloggers and share the love!
HAve a GREAT day....Hope yours is sunnier than mine! :)